Friday, March 9, 2012

FFWD Saint-Germain-Des-Pres Onion Biscuits


I love all biscuits.  I don't know why I don't make them more often.  My all-around favorite is probably George Greenstein's Angel Biscuits, but I also love Martha Stewart's Cream Cheese and Chive Biscuits, and enjoy the Low-fat Moosewood Homemade Biscuits when I feel like being a little bit healthier.  So, how do these compare?  I almost always have all of the ingredients for these on hand, which is a definite plus.  I absolutely love that I literally had them in the oven 10 minutes after I started them, and we were eating them 20 minutes later.  I also liked the nice fluffy layers, and the mild onion flavor.  These won't take the place of my three favorite biscuit recipes - and won't stop me from wanting to try out almost every biscuit recipe I see - but we certainly enjoyed them and I would make them again if I needed something quick to complete a meal.  To see what all of the other FFWD bloggers thought of the biscuits, go here.

7 comments:

  1. Cream cheese and chive - now that sounds like a great cocktail biscuit! I contemplated substituting some of the butter for the herbed Chevre I had on hand, maybe next time....I liked the ease of this recipe too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed making biscuits, so I will have to check out some of your more favorite recipes. I didn't remember how easy biscuits are to make, so I definitely want to experiment more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your biscuits rose so nicely. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cream cheese & chive. Now that sounds good.
    I liked how quickly these came together - sometimes, its just nice to have something like that in your repertoire.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These biscuits were a walk in the park after the rugelach;-) Your biscuits look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your biscuits look so good and they rose beautifully. I also liked how easy these were to put together and can't believe that I don't make biscuits that often. I especially can't believe that I haven't made Martha's cream cheese and chive biscuits. I really want to try them now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully done!!!! And I will have to try out some of your favorites :)

    ReplyDelete