Sunday, October 30, 2011

FFWD Stuffed Pumpkin

Just out of the oven
This post is going to be quick.  It's been a crazy week and I'm already late for French Fridays with Dorie.  I LOVE this recipe.  I found it online a couple of years ago (probably right when the book came out), read through it, thought it sounded amazing, was very scared by the amount of heavy cream (not to mention bread and cheese!), but quickly got over the fear and made the recipe :-).  I've made it at least once since then - loved it both times - so I was very excited when I saw it chosen for the recipe of the week.  I don't think Paul loves it quite as much as I do (although he does seem to like it) so I was thrilled to have an excuse to make it again. 
Lidded pumpkin
I used turkey bacon (I don't eat read meat) but otherwise followed the recipe pretty exactly.  I had some extra filling so I baked it in a ramekin on the side - I just couldn't bear to let it go to waste!  I served it in slices which I thought looked great visually, although next time I might stir it up as Dorie suggests, I'd like to see how it tastes that way.

Slice of stuffed pumpkin

9 comments:

  1. did you make it with the bread & cheese every time? i made mine with rice and it was pretty tasty... !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only tried the bread idea (I really love bread!) but I want to try rice next time. Hopefully soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice work! glad you tried it even though you had a crazy week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally skipped the part about stirring the stuffing. I like your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I would try stirring the stuffing & pumpkin together next time - although, I did like the effect of the wedges.
    You can't go wrong with those fillings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am really enjoying seeing all of these amazing pumpkin recipes...wow! looks delicious!

    http://foodfashionandflow.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad that I'm not the only one scared off by the cream and bread and cheese. :) But seriously, this dish is worth all the extra calories. Your baked pumpkin looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks yummy! Definitely one to make again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i agree - this pumpkin is definitely worth the calories :-) i'll be making it again while i can still find pumpkins

    ReplyDelete